Monday 22 October 2018

4 x health tips that will help you get through the day

Less stress? Fitter the day come through? With these 4 simple health tips, chances are that you will succeed. They are simple so try to fit them into your daily routine! Here are my 4 health tips:

1: Set your priorities & do not be afraid to say 'no'
First things first is my motto! Try to decide for yourself what is really important today and what can wait until tomorrow. By planning, and also writing this down in a to-do list, for example, you can avoid a lot of stress. Be realistic in the lists of your 'to-do's' ... it must be feasible to finish your list. Try to check them one by one with the aim of reducing stress throughout the day. Dare to say no to unexpected things. Less stress can result in a better night's sleep, less appetite for sweets and therefore possibly a few kilos less in the long term.

2: Drink a lot of water
Drink drinking and drink again! Water to understand ;-) That water has many benefits for your health is nothing new. But I would like to let you know what I am doing to drink more water. When I get up, I drink 2 glasses of lukewarm water. So I have enough fluid inside to start my. Do not exercise in the morning, no problem! It can never hurt to start the morning with a few glasses of water.

In addition , water helps you lose weight . So water ensures that you eat less. Often you are not hungry but just thirsty ... Another important point. Do you know that feeling that you get a 'hunger' around 11h30? Yes, I also ... And what appears? Our brains do not distinguish between hunger and thirst. We therefore make the link to food ourselves. So instead of using it, you can better drink some water. Tip: No idea if you are hungry or thirsty? Check your urine! The color of your urine tells you enough: dark = thirsty, light = hungry. Are you apparently hungry? Then you can also distinguish different types of hunger .

Are you just fed up with water? Try to taste your water!

3: Walk
I have an office job, which means that I have a lot (read at least 7 hours a day). Not really conducive to my daily 10 000 steps. So ... time for action! After drawing up a 'step-by-step plan', I get it without any problems. I start the day - as you know - with jogging . Often I am already talking about my goal of 10 000 steps. But because you also have to move the day there, I have written some tips:

park your car further from work, or go on foot. If that last is possible of course ;-);
at lunchtime I walk for half an hour or do I go shopping;
meet with friends / girlfriends for an evening walk;
always take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator;
Etc.
And besides ... walking seems to be better to burn fat than running. This is mainly due to the fact that you can stay in motion longer with a lower heart rate.  Also read: Burn calories with walking.

4: Turn off your alarm clock and rush less in the morning
I am an early bird and I have no problem with that myself. But still ... even if you are not such a morning person, I can still advise you to get up a little earlier. Even if it is only half an hour. Because you get up early you have to 'rush' less. Which means you have less stress throughout the day. For example, you can do some housework in the morning before you go to work. So there is more time in the evening to do fun things.

So! These are my health tips for a healthier, fitter and less stressed day. Some health tips may be obvious, but it is nice to be alerted again. Do you also have health tips for me? Surely! I like to read them below in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment